Do not hesitage to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
+94 772 773 777
Sunsmart Travels provides the ardent nature lover with a wealth of adventure packages to choose from during a holiday to Sri Lanka. Take your pick from whale watching in Mirissa to exploring those elusive and treasured species in Yala.
A Sunsmart DMC representative will be waiting to welcome you at the airport and arrange your transfer to Galle.
Galle is one of the ancient sea ports in Sri Lanka that was once governed by the Portuguese, Dutch and British colonial rulers and its iconic fort still stands strong today. The old port city is transformed into a high end shopping area with the old walkways populated with numerous boutiques, shops, restaurants and boutique hotels preserving the old colonial touch and ancient buildings.
Arrive at your hotel and relax by the beach or pool.
Wake up early morning and sail to the deep ocean till sunset to capture the unforgettable and rare beautiful moments of sighting blue whales and the fascinating tall blows they make as they swim gracefully. Do not miss the magical moments when the largest animal to have ever inhabited the earth raise its fluke and dives into the deep blue ocean in search of its prey. The blue whales in Sri Lanka are known to fluke more often than any other sub species around the world. The playful and interactive dolphins will truly make your day full of fun and pleasure as they glide along with you while occasionally engaging in acrobatic stunts. Another unforgettable experience will be the flying fish you will see suddenly flying above the waters startled by the boats or large fish. If you are lucky you would get the chance to witness the sudden surfacing of turtles to take a quick breather.
Make your way out to sea early morning by sailing to observe the movements and motions of the giants of the ocean, the whales and other mammalian and reptilian species. Their agility when surfacing and diving will amaze you as it beats the best gymnast in the world. The pelagic birds that spend almost their entire lifetime out at sea will keep you entertained as well.
Return to your accommodation, have lunch and leave for Tangalle.
On your way to Tangalle, you will see many fisherman engaged in stilt fishing gracefully and motionless. The art of these fishermen resting on top of poles waiting patiently for any type of fish to take their bait will amaze you. The stilt fishermen are among the poorest of the poor who make their living purely through this method of fishing.
You have the option of enjoying some surfing or body boarding in the morning before setting off to the Yala National Park in the southeast part of the island. The country’s oldest National Park, Yala has become known as one of the best places to spot leopards due to this area having the highest density of leopards in the world. On a safari at the park you also have a chance to see sloth bears, elephants, many species of deer, pangolins and if you venture near the coast you may even spot a blue whale off Patanangala.
Explore Yala at dawn in order to catch sight of wildlife before heading to Bundala National Park in the afternoon. Featuring a large number of saltwater crocodiles and waders, Bundala is also home to elephants and a wide range of other animals including many migrant bird species that can be found by the salt marshes and the salterns.
In the morning head to the international airport in Mattala and catch a flight to Katunayake from where you will make your way to Kalpitiya.
Tucked away between the lagoon of Puttalam and the Indian Ocean, Kalpitiya can be found on Sri Lanka’s northwest coast and offers fun activities such as whale watching, kite surfing and island hopping. Due to its unique location, Kalpitiya is rich in marine habitats and features stunning coral reefs and seagrass beds, providing the ideal sanctuary for endangered species such as the dugong, Indian Ocean humpback dolphin and the Indo-pacific finless porpoise.
Depending on when you visit Kalpitiya you will get a chance to witness traditional fishing methods in the lagoon which has islands that are home to fishing villages. You can also observe locals busily engaged in drying fish as well as how clams and mussels are collected in the lagoon during low tide. Terns, gulls, skuas, shearwater and other bird species can be photographed here and you may even catch sight of a dugong or humpback dolphin.
End the day by enjoying a beach BBQ where you can savour succulent seafood be it lagoon crabs, prawns, grouper, mussels or lobsters.
Explore the waters around Kalpitiya where you have a chance to spot large numbers of spinner dolphins, sperm whales, Bryde’s whales and other marine species along with large flocks of pelagic birds. Snorkel at the pristine Bar Reef which is home to a wide range of fish species including black-tipped reef sharks. End the day along the shores under a star filled sky.
In the morning, transfer to the airport (BIA) for your departure.
|Terms and Conditions||
01. This is per person rate based on double sharing basis. If there are 02 passengers to get the total for 02 passengers, per person rate should multiply by 02.
02. For flights no reservation or seat blocks are done as at now. Seats are subject to availability and airfares are subject to change without prior notice.
03. Rooms are subject to availability.
04. Upon the confirmations, we will do the flight, room reservation and arrange other requirements.
05. Full payment should be done within 05 working days after the confirmation.
06. These rates are not valid during the blackout periods. Peak surcharges apply.
07. If mentioned hotels are not available for the requested dates we will offer alternates in same category of higher with or without additional charges.
08. All the tour packages are non-Refundable
09. Date Changes Not Permitted after the confirmations.
10. Package will be Valid for use on Given Dates Only
11. Hotels standard check in time is 1400hrs and standard check out time is 1200 hrs.
12. Passenger must possess valid travel documents and are responsible for obtaining relevant Visas, other authorizations and documents required for travel.
13. The offers cannot be exchanged for cash and/or used in conjunction with any other promotional programs or offers provided by service establishments involved in this Offer.
14. The offer is bound by the general terms and conditions of the respective partner establishment.
|Duration||08 NIGHTS – 09 DAYS|